My advice: don’t take yourself so seriously. Don’t take other people so seriously. Being a Freshman isn’t bad at all, if you know how to not be annoying and can control your mouth. It’s pretty simple. A large high school can be nice: it’s easier to blend in if you don’t want to be noticed. It doesn’t matter if you look your age or not, honestly. When I was a freshman people thought I was 18. Now that I’m 20 people think I’m 15. It’s all backwards. Whatever.
Chances are, your potential cool, nerdy friends are also nervous and will most likely be keeping to themselves. This means sometimes taking the first step by starting a conversation with a potential candidate for a friend. What’s the worst that can happen? An awkward conversation? There isn’t much to lose. Just be yourself and do your thing, and it will turn out like it is meant to.
50 Shades of Abuse Flyer - Canada
Use, redistribute, print.
Click image and magnify for large version.
Okay. I understood all the flack Twilight got for being an abusive relationship. Because it was and it was being read by a very young and impressionable audience. But ffs, 50 Shades is an ADULT NOVEL. Iit is about a BDSM couple. Which - newsflash - do exist. It is a completely consensual form of dominate/submissive sex play. The whole concept of domestic violence and abuse is that one side exerts control over an unwilling victim. I don’t recall Anastasia, or whatever she’s called, protesting to Christian’s form of sex. If I remember correctly, she quite enjoyed it! So before you condemn a work of romanticizedfiction, actually consider it’s audience and remember that they are mature and capable enough to know the difference between reality and fiction.
so i guess you didn’t read the parts where he coerces her and the part where he continues after she has used her safeword and acts like a fucking creep whenever they aren’t having sex
it is the worst possible introduction to BDSM i could imagine
i know my shit okay
im hoping the people defending this book are 1. never getting into BDSM 2. not currently into BDSM 3. havent read the book bc i dont want to believe anyone is that fucking stupid
knowledge on you right now.
Wanna know the BDSM mantra? Safe, sane, consensual.
So let me explain why this book was devoid of all three of these things.
Safe - In the first few chapters of the novel, Christian Grey tracks Ana’s cell phone to find her at a club. Takes her home when she’s drunk, changes her when she’s so intoxicated she doesn’t remember him doing so,and informs her he will be keeping tabs on her for her own benefit. This is not the behaviour of a respectable Dominant. This is the behaviour of a power hungry, abusive asshole who really can’t take no for an answer.
Sane - One of the most important parts of BDSM is aftercare. Scenes can be extremely traumatizing and intense for the submissive. Aftercare is anything from petting to cuddling to holding to sweet talking, whatever degree of gentleness a bottom would need to pull them out of “subspace”. How does Christian provide aftercare? He submits Ana to a traumatizing first time spanking experience AND THEN FUCKING LEAVES. AND GETS MAD THAT SHE DIDN’T TELL HIM SHE WAS UPSET. He’s the one who should fucking know better! That, again, is not the act of a responsible Dominant. It’s the act of a selfish abuser.
Consensual - Did I mention he undressed her when she was belligerently drunk? Tracked her phone to locate her? He also buys her a new car despite her saying no countless times. Now, consent is important for any kind of sexual activity at all. Consent means informed, consent means enthusiastic. Informed, enthusiastic consent. This is crucial in a BDSM setting. Scenes can be extremely intense, especially for the bottom. What is Christian’s form of obtaining consent? Handing Ana a fucking contract highlighting all the things he wants to do her asshole and asking her to sign it. She was a virgin (Don’t even get me fucking started.) who had never before been exposed to BDSM. Entering in that kind of relationship takes a gargantuan amount of trust and knowledge so you know exactly what you’re getting into. Not reading a list of kinks on a piece of paper and signing your rights to say no away. Christian didn’t offer her resources, he didn’t offer her information. He gave her an ultimatum. That is not the sort of consent a responsible Dom/me would seek from their submissive.
Fuck. This. book. It’s written in a shitty way, it’s a terrible example of a BDSM relationship (ask anybody already involved in the lifestyle and watch them go blue in the face just thinking about it), which is already faced with enough prejudice and misunderstand, and it romanticizes and glorifies abuse.
And this post is going into my bookmarks, because it is beautiful.
What scares me most is the fact that people, misinformed and ignorant people, will now try to enter the community/find play partners with the dangerous ideas of what BDSM is. They won’t respect a sub, they won’t listen.
And that can seriously hurt people. People can DIE.
I am most terrified that because of novels and movies such as twilight, and 50 shades of grey people are going to confuse love to an abusive relationship. With how many stories there are online about people being kidnapped then eventually falling in love with their kidnapper who abuses them and say they only do it because they love that person, one day some poor misguided person is going to be in an abusive relationship because they believe it is love, and all because people around the world are promoting abuse in the form of love. And THAT TERRIFIES ME.
Come here, Anon.
YOU BROUGHT THIS ON YOURSELF
This got even funnier when I realized that to shoot it, essentially someone had to hurl a massive rat puppet at Cary Elwes.
My favorite thing is that he doesn’t telegraph it at all. He never tenses up, never flinches, just waits for the giant rat puppet being hurled through the air to take him down. Great performance.
remember when bee movie promoted bestiality
i need a moment
frodo in a t-shirt is odd and adorable at the same time
merry’s hair clip though
there is literally nothing I don’t like about this gif
Playing with fireworks, again.
or, at least, throw a party!!
Hey, cool kids! a couple of days ago i made this post about a really fun, free dating sim called Great Personality! It looks like a few of you guys already play it. :^) If not, let me give you the cliffnotes version:
- its free
- it’s fucking free god bless america im broke
- MALE, FEMALE, AND NON-BINARY ROMANCE OPTIONS THAT ARE AVAILABLE TO **ALL** PLAYERS CAN I GET A HALLELUJAH???
- 32 unique characters from all walks of life. I’m talking about different races, different economic means, different goals and dreams.
- In case you need to re-read the last bullet point, yes I did say 32 entire routes. you are literally living in a bustling city full of attractive, single queer people. heaven is a real place and i’ve found it. (well, it’s a fictional place that can be accessed through your computer screen, but uh.)
- it’s being broken up into four smaller games, so right now (i made this post february 2nd, 2014- check the website) you can only do 8 different routes, but most of the art is already done for the other games, so I’m fairly sure that they’ll be released soon.
- The art and environments are so cute??? They are so cute. All the characters are drawn by different artists with unique, gorgeous art styles. The illustrations are incredible.
- You aren’t gendered! no one uses gendered pronouns to describe you! You are a genderless entity with a name and a hometown that you enter at the beginning of your playthrough. that means:
- A) no awkward queer media trope bullshit! (because they don’t know whether you’re a queer couple or a heterosexual one, so there’s no opportunity for that. i can date a girl and get the same amount of respect that i would get dating a guy. no one mentions it it’s GREAT)
- B) are you a non-binary person who’s sick of having to answer, “IS YOUR CHARACTER A BOY OR A GIRL BC OBVIOUSLY THESE ARE THE ONLY TWO POSSIBLE CONCLUSIONS” for every god damn roleplaying game on the market? today is your lucky day.
- C) You can play as yourself! Or, if you’re the writing/artsy/character-creating type, you can make an oc that you ship with the character you’re romancing! :^)
- Out of 32 characters, you are BOUND to find someone that you like! especially because…
- It’s based on the Meyer’s Briggs personality classification system! (that means, somewhere, there’s a character that might resemble you. pretty cool, right???) the romance is also based on the Meyer’s Briggs theories of compatibility. Your Genderless Entity self takes on certain personality traits that are complementary to the person that you are romancing. (never in an uncomfortable, i-would-never-do-that kind of way, or at least, not from my experiance!) You might even learn a thing or two about what draws you to different people!!
- Did i mention it was free??? then what the fuck are you waiting for!??? (ps: if you like it, you should totes donate, because those artists worked their asses off.)
If you make posts about it, please put them in the #great personality tag, so we can all see them!!